Director of Transportation
Position: Director of Transportation
Duties include instituting policies and procedures, making sure employees are properly trained, motivating staff to meet business unit goals, safety and process optimization and cost saving initiatives that focus on transportation operations.
Key responsibilities (May include but not limited to):
- Oversee and manage operations Nationally for PVS Transportation, Inc.
- Review all operational procedures to maximize safety and minimize equipment and process failures, with the goal of continuous improvement and management of risk.
- Support internal audits to assure compliance with all federal, state and local regulations.
- Manage and oversee the activities of the Operations Manager, Terminal Manager and Fleet Manager.
- Responsible for continuous safety improvement, cost reduction and customer service excellence.
- Participate in safety audits and incident investigations.
- Ensure safety violations are addressed and develop corrective action to prevent future violations.
- Schedule contractors as appropriate and negotiate contracts and review all external charges.
- Service report liaison to internal and external customers
- Ensure business unit vision is effectively communicated to all employees within PVS Transportation system
- Any other project assigned by the President of PVS Transportation
- 50%+ travel
Required Education / Training / Equivalent Experience (Prior to hire / transfer):
- S. degree in engineering, business, or related technical field
- 10+ years managerial experience
- Knowledgeable of NACD, DOT, EPA, Homeland Security, QS9000, ISO9000 and other pertinent regulatory requirements
- Building, trailer, and equipment maintenance related experience
- Computer experience with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, ACT, and MS Streets & Trips
- Knowledge of chemical hazards and incompatibilities
- Familiar with problem solving techniques and team building skills
- Good communication skills
- Good leadership skills
- People / team oriented
The position is required to be located in the Detroit Corporate office and reports directly to the President of PVS Transportation.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
PVS values diversity and is committed to upholding the laws and regulations published by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission. As an equal opportunity employer, PVS makes all employment-related decisions based upon qualifications, merit and business needs.
OR Download PDF