ERP Business Analyst
Description: ERP Business Analyst will be responsible for leading the efforts on the evaluation and selection of ERP applications(s) for newly acquired business units. In conjunction with senior PVS IT Management and business unit leaders, the person filling this role will document key business processes and requirements. He/she will also lead efforts to evaluate candidate ERP applications and evaluate their capabilities based on the defined requirements. This position will be a key player in the evaluation and selection process, as well as the eventual implementation and post-implementation support.
Responsibilities (May include but not limited to):
- Obtain a deep understanding of relevant business area(s) to be able to recommend solutions and build high-quality requirements.
- Use a variety of techniques to understand business requirements, such as interviews, workshops, surveys, site visits and storyboards.
- Understand technical options, limitations, cost and risk. Communicate tradeoffs to business partners and work with them to shape requirements accordingly.
- Translate the conceptual user requirements into clear, detailed functional requirements
- Work with business and delivery teams to prioritize requirements.
- Help resolve competing priorities between stakeholder groups by facilitating stakeholder discussions and escalate issues where appropriate.
- Manage requirements scoping throughout the delivery process.
- Create artifacts as appropriate, including business case documentation, scope documentation and process flows.
- Support delivery teams as they develop, test and deploy solutions.
- Review delivery team output to ensure requirements are correctly interpreted; define and execute test cases.
- Document current processes and models to understand inefficiencies or gaps.
- Communicate and coordinate with senior PVS IT management to keep requirement gathering activities aligned with corporate standards.
- Participate in discussions with subject matter experts to review business requirements, document gap analysis, and assist in turning business requirements into functional specifications.
- People oriented – Ability to relate to people of all levels, working with C-level to management to data entry.
- Understand role-based security and provide internal control recommendations to maintain proper segregation of duties.
Required Education / Training / Equivalent Experience (Prior to hire / transfer):
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, MIS, Computer Science or
- Functional Experience in ERP (3 -5 Years) including configuration, testing and integration.
- Ability to synthesize high-level concepts surrounding new work requests into a set of business requirements.
- Ability to effectively present information to business client, and other members of the organization.
- Strong analytic capabilities. Comfortable with data analysis, understands analytic tools.
- Team player –to communicate effectively and work in a team environment.
- Hands-on, “roll-up-your-sleeves” type of attitude.
- Demonstrated professional demeanor, ethical conduct and excellent reputation for integrity.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills. Must be able to communicate, manage conflict, influence and negotiate with others. Strong customer focus to handle complex customer needs.
- Demonstrated ability to organize work and set priorities to meet deadlines while working independently and in a team setting.
- Ability to excel in a high paced deadline orientated environment
- Proficient with MS Office applications; Excel, Word, PowerPoint
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
PVS values diversity and is committed to upholding the laws and regulations published by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission. As an equal opportunity employer, PVS makes all employment-related decisions based upon qualifications, merit and business needs.
OR Download PDF