Plant HHP Supervisor
The Plant Supervisor is primarily responsible for optimization and troubleshooting of the plant operations. The Plant Supervisor also performs basic process designs for plant projects, and manages projects including overseeing construction, the development of procedures, operator training, commissioning and start-up for projects that involve changes or have impact on the process. Also play a key role in managing process and equipment changes in the facility and following the appropriate management of change requirements.
- Direct a team of Operators assigned to operate the high purity sulfuric acid process and load high purity sulfuric acid into shipping containers.
- Work closely with the Eco Services (Host Company’s) supervisory staff to address work assignments & Operator scheduling.
- Manage off-site contractors who directly maintain utility systems (air compressor, water chiller, ultra-pure water generation, etc).
- Monitor and address safety items as they arise, including PPE, safety rules, safety permits and new practices.
- Coordinate logistics for loading & shipment of high purity sulfuric acid. This will require collaboration with the PVS high purity product manager and the Eco Services (Host Company’s) logistics staff.
- Regularly review the status of the high purity sulfuric acid process in an effort to identify process trends, sources of contamination and emerging maintenance issues.
- Write & distribute regular updates to the PVS management staff on the status of the high purity process.
- Work closely with the Eco Services (Host Company’s) maintenance management staff to establish & assign work orders and preventive maintenance.
- Work closely with the Eco Services (Host Company’s) maintenance management staff to schedule turnaround activities.
- Work closely with the Eco Services (Host Company’s) Laboratory to coordinate sample analysis and sample shipments.
- Closely monitor laboratory analytical results to identify and manage critical product quality. Should have knowledge of analytical principles be able to track and identify contaminant trends.
- Troubleshoot and develop solutions to process problems, contamination trends, maintenance issues and other chemical/mechanical issues as they arise.
- Write, review and update operating instructions for plant personnel. This will entail writing brand new procedures or will be a collaborative effort with qualified operators.
- Should have knowledge of quality management systems such as ISO9002 or other.
- Will, at times, work directly with PVS customers to address product quality, quality audits, shipping logistics or mechanical problems.
- Should have working knowledge of Process Safety Management Elements and the several documentation requirements, such as Operating Procedures, Process Hazard Analysis, Management of Change, Pre-Startup Safety Review, etc.
- Review & manage critical spare parts to maintain process reliability.
- Work with the Eco Services (Host Company’s) engineering staff to develop & implement capital improvement projects. This will also involve coordination with PVS project management staff.
Skills and Competencies
- Excellent problem-solving techniques and quantitative, analytical skills. Strong attention to detail
- Excellent planning and organizational skills with the ability to handle diverse and significant workload.
- Ability to organize work and set priorities to meet deadlines while working independently.
- Ability to work collaboratively and to manage/achieve results through others using influence, logic and persuasion, ability work as a member of team to accomplish goals.
- Commercially aware relative to the products the plant produces and understands how to manage the costs associated with the plant’s operations.
- Willingness to take ownership of capital and expense projects with the ability to work under pressure, constructively handle challenges and drive results.
Required Education / Skills / Equivalent Experience (Prior to hire / transfer):
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in chemical processing operation with experience in Sulfuric Acid Manufacturing and Handling preferred.
- Experience in chemical plant operations and technical operations support
- Experience with developing process designs for capital and expense projects
- Familiarity with the following would be an asset:
- Process design software tools and methods such as process simulators and AutoCAD
- Experience with Responsible Care and various PSM tools (i.e. Hazop)
- Knowledge of the ISO management system and procedures
- Familiarity with FEL design approaches
- Experience with developing standards / procedures for plant operations
- OSHA Process Safety Management 29 CFR 1910.119
- Relevant environment issues
- Must be able to obtain a TWIC card to work on this site
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
PVS values diversity and is committed to upholding the laws and regulations published by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission. As an equal opportunity employer, PVS makes all employment-related decisions based upon qualifications, merit and business needs.
OR Download PDF