Position: Product Coordinator
Description: A Product Coordinator is responsible for delivering facets of customer management throughout the divisions. This position is a supporting member of a cross functional team that is responsible for over 4000 orders per month of over 50 different industrial chemicals in multiple divisions. This position is involved in all aspects of an office environment including Logistics, Vendor/Supplier Management and Customer Service.
P rimary Objectives:
- Elevate the Company’s Customer Service practices by:
o Assistance in developing and executing relevant customer service plans;
o Providing exceptional customer service;
o Coordinating mentoring processes to ensure thorough training;
o Assist in Effective onboarding and orientation of new employees.
Responsibilities (May include but are not limited to}:
- Adhere to customer service priority list including but not limited to:
- Receive and review orders (verbal, faxed, mailed, electronic), dispatch and process in a timely manner
- Invoicing of Customers and Vendors Including Demurrage
- Maintain Pricing Records
- Verify and maintain inventories at key terminals, customers and Vendor
- Reporting non-conformances via the Service Report System
- Managing accounts in cooperation with Sales Representatives
- Process requests in exceed the expectations of our Customers and Vendors
- Continual system and process review and improvement
- To participate in Team Meetings and projects relating to Quality, Customer Service and Accounts Payable.
- Provide assistance in general office administration
- Be in rotation for on call duty.
- Work within shift of operation hours of 7:00AM to 6:00 PM. Will need to be flexible to changes in schedule.
- Gather, analyze and interpret compiled relevant information from data and reports
- Provide information and explain procedures to new employees and help set objectives.
- To resolve issues using complex problem solving techniques.
- To support the values of the company provided in the guiding principles in the Nicholson Nine. To participate in Responsible Care and Department of Homeland security Initiatives
- Provide first level support to customers
- Mastery of Level Two Product Coordinator duties.
- Train Level Two to be back up
- Teach, encourage, coach and mentor others
- Encourage group to work as a team to meet and exceed goals and objectives
- Basic Customer Pricing review
- Provide assistance in training, customer service clerk, level one
Required Education I Competencies I Equivalent Experience (Prior to hire I transfer):
- Bachelor’s degree in Business- related program,or professional certification preferred.
- Corporate Customer Service experience (minimum of 1.5 to 3 years)
- Understands key issues and trends in supply chain management and procurement
- Logistics management and comprehension
- Understands strategic planning, prioritization and goal setting processes
- Strong analytic capabilities. Comfortable with data and analysis, understands analytic tools.
- Clearly present solutions in a value based context
- Demonstrated professional demeanor, ethical conduct and excellent reputation for integrity.
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills. Must be able to communicate, manage conflict, influence and negotiate with others. Strong customer focus to handle complex customer needs.
- Demonstrated ability to organize work and set priorities to meet deadlines while working independently and in a team setting.
- Demonstrated analytical, logical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to exceling a high paced deadline oriented environment
- ADAGE skills
- Service Report system
- Proficient with MS Office applications; especially Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Location I Reporting Relationship
The position is based at PVS Corporate Headquarters in Detroit, Michigan and reports to the Customer Service Manager.
OR Download PDF