PVS Nolwood Safety Manager
Position: PVS Nolwood Safety Manager
Description: The PVS Nolwood Safety Manager is responsible for facilitating and providing for the effective implementation of process safety systems related to production, maintenance, engineering and other manufacturing activities for all Nolwood branches. This includes developing strategies to ensure all branches systematically achieve all requirements through developing and maintaining documented processes. The Nolwood Safety Manager reports to the Director of Operations and works directly with branch department heads to coordinate all Safety related functions (many listed below).
Responsibilities (May include but not limited to):
- Responsible for establishing and tracking Safety KPI’s for each Nolwood site along with members of each site’s management team.
- Establish and manage annual safety requirements for all employees and conduct or oversee safety training at all sites to achieve compliance to requirements.
- Manage hazard identification and risk assessment methods and processes.
- Responsible for ensuring management of change is properly utilized throughout Nolwood.
- Establish requirements for all new employee onboarding training.
- Manage JJ Keller, Dakota, and all other software used to manage safety within Nolwood.
- Participate in incident investigations, root cause analysis, corrective action identification, effectiveness evaluation and closure.
- Ensure Nolwood Management System is aligned with NACD Responsible Distribution Guiding Principles and Code of Management Practices
- Participate in APQP’s for new products serving as the Safety Liaison for each site.
- Prepares for and successfully conducts / leads all safety audits internally and externally, including management of follow up activities including assisting in development and implementation of corrective actions.
- Serve as a PVS Nolwood site assessment approver in conjunction with the Transportation Manager.
- Support PVS’ Safety Policies, programs and goals.
- Uphold the fundamentals of the Nicholson Nine and Responsible Distribution Guiding Principles.
Required Education / Training / Equivalent Experience (Prior to hire / transfer):
- S./B.A. Degree related to Process Safety Preferred.
- Working knowledge of and professional process safety experience required.
- EHS audit training and experience preferred
- Hazard identification and risk assessment training and experience
- Works effectively across organizational boundaries and with all levels of the organization and stakeholders.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills and demonstrated ability to write procedures.
- Knowledge of and Ability to work with and handle Hazardous Chemicals in a safe manner.
- High level of motivation and self-supervision.
- Ability to work weekends, holidays and/or nights if needed
- Some travel required.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
PVS values diversity and is committed to upholding the laws and regulations published by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission. As an equal opportunity employer, PVS makes all employment-related decisions based upon qualifications, merit and business needs.
OR Download PDF