Position: Site Safety Coordinator
The Site Safety Coordinator is responsible for developing, implementing, training, and maintaining Health, Safety, and Security management systems in the facilities to apply industry best practices related to health, safety, and security.
To fulfill these responsibilities, the Site Safety Coordinator is empowered to manage work priority and to engage the proper resources to develop and implement systems, tools, and administrative standards. The Site Safety Coordinator works with the plant management team and other PVS Safety managers to ensure the HSES success of the plant through self-assessments, internal PVS audits and third-party audits of the health and safety management systems. This position will monitor facility metrics relative to safety performance.
RESPONSIBILITIES (May include but not limited to)
Ensure implementation and adherence of the following programs:
- OSHA Process Safety Management 29 CFR 1910.119.
- EPA Risk Management Program 40 CFR Part 68.
- Industrial Hygiene Program.
- Life Critical Permit Program for LOTO, Confined Space, etc., and Job Safety Analyses.
- Site Contingency & Emergency Response Plan.
- OSHA Hazard Communication Program including maintenance of SDS database.
- Hearing conservation.
- Respiratory protection.
- ACC Responsible Care Management System (RCMS) program oversight and implementation.
- Compliance with applicable DOT regulations.
- Plant Security program including DHS CFATS / TSA and supervision of contractor Security staff.
- Contractor, vendor, and visitor assessment and access to the plant.
- Serve as Chair for the Plant Safety Committee.
- PVS Chemicals Hazard Elimination Program.
- Manage implementation and maintenance of Dakota (EHS Compliance software), Brady (LOTO software), and PHAWorks (process hazard analysis software).
- Risk Identification and Mitigation.
- Near Miss and Incident Reporting, Investigation, and Mitigation.
- Conduct routine safety training sessions.
- Educate managers, supervisors, and employees about injury prevention and safety programs; perform detailed health and safety audits; and take a collaborative approach to implement safety solutions.
- Perform accident/incident investigation, mitigation and reporting. Conduct effective root cause analysis for incidents and trends.
- Focused Compliance Audits, Weekly Safety Reports, and Safety, Security, Environmental (SSE) reports.
- Project management of Safety related capital and other assigned projects.
SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Excellent Health and safety standards and Employee Accountability skills.
- 3 years of experience with staff management experience in an HSE or HSES role.
- 3 years of experience in safety and health, process operations, auditing, training, and accident/incident investigation and mitigation at a manufacturing facility.
- Proven ability to lead and influence a positive health and safety culture.
- Strong employee training skills.
- Strong interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Able to work effectively with competing priorities.
- Good working knowledge of MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and other specialized software packages.
- Has strong attention to detail.
- Excels at achieving results through influencing others Ability to lead change.
- Ability to think strategically.
- Excellent reputation for integrity.
- Certified Safety Professional or Associate Safety Professional.
- Experience in applying industry RAGAGEPs – Recognized and Generally Accepted Good Engineering Practices (API, NACE, ISA, ANSI, ASTM, NFPA, etc.).
- Chemical manufacturing and handling experience.
- PSM and RMP facility experience.
- PHA Leadership.
- Working knowledge of RCMS technical specification and codes.
- Incident command and emergency response experience.
- Post-Secondary Degree
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
PVS values diversity and is committed to upholding the laws and regulations published by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission. As an equal opportunity employer, PVS makes all employment-related decisions based upon qualifications, merit and business needs.
OR Download PDF