Sales Representative – Chicago
Position: Sales Representative – Minibulk
Description: Develop and implement all sales and marketing activities, strategic development, and growth objectives of PVS Minibulk Division in an assigned geographical territory.
Responsibilities (May include but not limited to):
- Responsible for meeting or exceeding all budgeted goals for your territory. (New Business –$320,000 in new annual sales business with at least $80,000 in gross margin growth annually.)
- Responsible for developing and implementing a new business prospecting plan including targeted lead generation, cold call prospecting, and weekly RFP generation. Responsible for communicating and coordinating the new business prospecting plan with your regional sales manager.
- Manage current account base to maintain accounts and gross margins for each account. Effectively communicate PVS Minibulk policies and changes with all customers. Meet with current accounts in an organized manner as determined in consultation with your regional sales manager.
- Have a complete understanding of PVS Minibulks’ features, advantages, and benefits. Understand the capabilities and limitations of PVS Minibulk in your territory.
- Understand the delivery, tank, trailer, and hose capabilities, limitations, and requirements in your territory.
- Develop the ability to accurately and completely prepare PVS Minibulk sales forms. Follow NACD processes and procedures properly.
- Maintain current and accurate customer and sales form files. Regularly input market and customer data into customer management records.
- Prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports as required. Develop and maintain consistent communication with your regional sales manager.
- Maintain and protect PVS Minibulk property.
Complexity of Duties
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills with the ability to handle diverse and significant workload.
- Ability to work collaboratively and to manage/achieve results through others using influence, logic and persuasion.
- Willingness to take ownership and drive results.
- Excellent problem solving techniques and quantitative, analytical skills. Balancing customer/supply chain/operational needs and company objectives.
- Strong skills in making “formal presentations” to groups.
Required Education / Skills / Equivalent Experience (Prior to hire / transfer):
- S. or B.A. or equal experience preferred, but not required
- Three to five years’ experience in technical sales or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Basic knowledge of MS Office/E-mail programs.
- Strong oral/written communication skills.
- Strong planning, organizational, and problem solving skills.
- Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
- PVS values diversity and is committed to upholding the laws and regulations published by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission. As an equal opportunity employer, PVS makes all employment-related decisions based upon qualifications, merit and business needs.
OR Download PDF