Sr. HR & Labor Relations Generalist
Job Description: Sr. HR & Labor Relations Generalist
The Sr. HR & Labor Relations Manager is responsible for supporting client groups across all PVS business units. The individual would be expected to strategically coach, consult and support both leader and employee populations. This role will also create and lead a small dotted-line network of HR professionals located across various facilities. This role has the option of being hybrid (part in-office, part work from home) with a minimum of two days in-office. Some travel to site locations may be required but would likely not exceed 10% unless mutually agreed upon.
- Creating, updating and applying HR policies across the organization
- Ownership of ensuring the company stays up to date on HR regulatory changes and compliance related requirements
- Ownership and implementation of standards outlined in employee handbooks
- Negotiation of labor contracts with business leadership
- Conduct complaint and ethics investigations
- Employee performance improvement plan support and coaching for leaders
- Coaching and training of new leaders
- Employee performance review support, training and tracking
- Own data analytics related to trends with hiring and attrition, making recommendations
- Close partnership with other HR Team members and Legal Team members
- Employee engagement program recommendations
- Help conduct employee exit interviews
- Leverage and/or create effective new employee onboarding programs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work across a diverse corporate and manufacturing environment and across all levels of the organization
- Problem solving skills, resourceful thinking and ability to create win/win scenarios
- Strong leadership and employee coaching skills
- High degree of empathy, interpersonal skills and active listening
- Detail oriented and organized follow through
- Ability to understand data analytics to infer trends and make recommendations
- Experience with different Human Capital Management Systems a plus
Required Education / Competencies / Equivalent Experience (Prior to hire / transfer):
- Minimum of five years HR experience plus union negotiations is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources – related program is required.
- Demonstrated professional demeanor, ethical conduct and excellent reputation for integrity.
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills. Must be able to communicate, influence and negotiate with others.
- Demonstrated ability to organize work and set priorities to meet deadlines while working independently.
- Proficient with MS Office applications; especially Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
OR Download PDF