Burns Harbor, IN
PVS Technologies – Job Posting
Position: Tractor Mechanic – Burns Harbor
Description: The Tractor Mechanic is responsible for ensuring the safe and reliable operation of transportation equipment in Northwest Indiana. This position reports directly to the dispatch manager and is required to work in the office, shop and field as necessary. The Tractor Mechanic is also responsible for overseeing equipment records, ensuring compliance with DOT and OSHA safety regulations.
JOB SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee the Safety, Quality, and Productivity of NWI tractors
- Uphold the Nicholson Nine
- Take calls as needed
- Operate Computerized Maintenance Management System TMT, TMW
- Perform Maintenance and/or Planning
- Diagnosis and repair of tractors and trailers
- Ordering parts for maintaining inventory and miscellaneous work orders.
- Ensure Completion of Preventive Maintenance Work Orders
- Closing out work orders electronically
- Emergency Response Team Member
- Department Cost Control
- Identify and facilitate training opportunities for Maintenance personnel
- Provide support and vacation coverage for peers as needed
- Other duties as assigned
SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Graduation from a certified diesel mechanic trade school
- 10 years troubleshooting and rebuilding experience
- Strong knowledge and experience with management systems.
- 10 years preventative maintenance experience on equipment
- Strong knowledge of 49 CFR with Hazardous Transportation regulation experience
- Chemical manufacturing facility experience
- Ability to work effectively with competing priorities
- Verbal and written communication skills with multiple levels in the organization and external suppliers
- Able to work as a team player and as a leader to promote a safe and reliable culture in the shop
- Certification from Cummins Power Generation Course
- Experience working on Diesel engines
- Certification from an accredited ASE Diesel mechanic institution.
- Experience with JPRO and IN-Sight
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
PVS values diversity and is committed to upholding the laws and regulations published by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission. As an equal opportunity employer, PVS makes all employment-related decisions based upon qualifications, merit, and business needs.
OR Download PDF